The Shanmugha Arts, Science, Technology & Research Academy, also known as Sastra University, is a private Deemed-to-be university in Tamil Nadu. Founded in 1984, it offers a variety of undergraduate, postgraduate, and Doctoral programs. It got ranked among the top 300 Universities in BRICS Countries. Spread over 232 acres, it has more than 10,000 students and 700 teaching faculty. Here’s a look at the top Sastra University Courses:
- Bachelor of Technology (B. Tech)
- Tech is one of the most sought-after Sastra University Courses with a 4-year program with eight semesters. Students will have to complete a mini and a significant project respectively in their sixth and eighth semesters. An internship of six weeks is also essential. You can choose from 21 disciplines, including Bioengineering, Biotechnology, Civil Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, Information Technology, Mechanical Engineering and more.
- Master of Technology (M. Tech)
- Tech course admission is made on a merit basis. Preference is given to GATE qualified candidates. Similarly, you must have a B. Tech/B. E degree in the pertinent field. There are around 13 disciplines: Aerospace Engineering, Artificial Intelligence & Data Robotics, Big Data Biology, Computer Science & Engineering, Cyber Security, Structural Engineering, Power & Energy Systems, Wireless & Smart Communication, and more.
- Master of Computer Application (MCA)
The MCA program by Sastra University requires candidates to have an undergraduate degree in a pertinent discipline (B.C.A / B.Sc. / B.Com / B.A degree) with Mathematics as one of the subjects at 10+2 level or graduation. To apply for this course, you must have an aggregate minimum of 50% to enroll for this course. The admission will be made on a merit basis.
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
You can enroll for MBA and get a full-time course for two years with four semesters. The qualifying exams for admission to MBA are CAT/ CMAT/ XAT. Moreover, it is essential to have a graduate degree from any recognized university/institution. The core courses will provide a broad base in the main field of study, while the elective courses will tailor you better for the next step in your chosen field.
- Master of Science (M.Sc.)
Sastra University Courses offer you two types of M.Sc. programmes. One is a normal one while the other is a five year integrated programme. The M.Sc. programme has many disciplines, including Biotechnology, Chemistry, Physics and Data Science. The integrated programme has Mathematics instead of Data Science. Admission will be merit-based, and candidates must have passed Class 12 with a minimum aggregate of 50%.
- Bachelor of Arts, LLB (Hons.)
B.A., LL.B. (Hons.) is a full-time 5-year programme offered by Sastra University. It has ten semesters. Admission to this course will be merit-based, and you need to have a minimum aggregate of 50% in Class 12 to enroll in this programme. Similarly, you can also go for B.B.A., LL.B. (Hons.) and B.Com, LL.B. (Hons.) to pursue a career in the field of law.
- B. Com
You can choose B. Com CA (Computer Applications) and B. Com BFSI (Banking, Financial Services and Insurance) when opting for B. Com. It is a full-time three-year course that offers you a wide range of managerial skills and understanding in streams of finance, accounting, taxation and management. You must have passed Class 12 with a minimum aggregate of 50% to enroll in this course.
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph. D)
The PhD programme at Sastra University is offered in Engineering / Technology, Humanities, Arts and Sciences, Management, Education and Law. It offers research scholars a chance to obtain a deeper understanding and expertise in the selected area of interest.
Know more information for Sastra University at https://www.shiksha.com/university/sastra-deemed-to-be-university-thanjavur-4075